Analytics

Search Elotte's Diary

11/01/2012

Negative Linden Scam

Recently, there seems to be a flood of a similar looking scam all around most of the popular groups. You will see a similar message like this:

[04:54] Kamiliuke1212: Hey guys I have a problem in my linden balance I have -12 lindens, And I can't take 
any freebies, they all cost 12L can some give me 12L please? :( I don't mean to be rude, I aplogise

Even the bad spelling is sometimes replicated. I figures the scammer doesn't klnow English too well.



So, how does this works? Nobody will give her 12L. Or would they? Well, we just need a few. In a group with 100s of users, if only 10 people feel sympathy and gave her 12L, she will have 120L. Repeat that over all the groups and she gets 1000s in a few seconds. Easy money?

As group owners, we can ban these people, but they will just come back with another alt faster than you can say "Arnold Schwarzenegger". My advice is for everyone to please ignore people like this and they will know their tricks no longer works soon enough.

Just doing my bits to exposes some scam. Happy Secondliving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Elotte Bridger was borned in 2L on Christmas Day in 25th December 2009.